Amazing Uses of Baking Soda

Baking soda is truly a staple that everyone should have at home. I'll admit something: I too, I did not know this product a few years ago :-) I always wondered: "what to do with baking soda"? My first "discovery" was to use baking soda to eliminate odors from my fridge. When I discovered that this product sanitized the air, I started to pour it in my sink to avoid the bad smells of the pipes. After a few weeks, I was completely converted :-) Today, I buy this "miracle product" wholesale (you can find it here) because it's simply one of the best natural multipurpose products. So, let yourself be convinced and discover the 43 essential uses of baking soda (also called baking soda):

Uses of Baking Soda


1. Bad smell of kitchen trash and litter bin?
 No problem. Sprinkle some baking soda on the bottom of your trash can and let it absorb odors.

2. Cleans the couch
Your sofa no longer feels clean and fresh? Pour a little bicarbonate between the cushions to clean it in 1 or 2 days. Then, vacuum to absorb leftover powder.

3. Replaces baking powder
Did you know that you can use baking in pastry? It perfectly replaces baking powder.

4. Cleans fruits and vegetables
More and more often, fruits and vegetables are treated with pesticides and other chemicals. To clean them, fill your sink with water and wash your fruits and vegetables with baking soda.

5. Cleans and refreshes the lines
For years, I use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to clean my pipes. In addition, it affects the pH balance of my septic tank.

6. Unclogging the pipelines
The same mixture can also be used to unclog the sink and other pipes. The trick is extremely effective.

7. Cleans and shines the sink and tub
The trick is simple: just bicarbonate and water (to make a paste) and a little elbow grease. It works just as well for the washbasin as for the bathtub. And I can tell you that with my 3 children, I really put this trick to the test!

8. Break down the washing machine
With the laundry of 3 children to wash, dirt often accumulates in the washing machine. Here's how to clean it up: Pour a mixture of 180g of baking soda and 250ml of white vinegar into your washing machine. Run it empty for 1 cycle and you're done.

9. Clean the coffee maker
Just like scrubbing the washing machine, you can use baking soda for your coffee maker. Add 45 g of bicarbonate to 1 liter of water. Fill the glass jug of your coffee maker with this mixture. For optimal effect, leave for 1 night.


10. Cleans burned stoves
Are you tired of spending 1 whole day scrubbing your burned pans and pans? With baking soda and a little hot water, you can clean them easily. In addition, the trick works on both stainless steel and enameled cast iron.

11. Shine the chrome
If you have chrome to polish, sprinkle baking soda on a lint-free cloth, both dry. Shine so that your chrome shines like new.

12. Cleans the silverware
Use baking soda to clean your silverware and silver jewelry. Mix the bicarbonate with water until paste forms. Apply and rub the dough with your fingers or a soft brush. Then, rinse and dab with a cloth to dry. You will be amazed by the brilliance of your silverware!

13. Keep your flowers longer
Keep your vase flowers longer with a little bicarbonate. Just add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the water of the vase.

14. Eliminates unpleasant odors
I sprinkle the inside of all our shoes with baking soda, without exception. Because unfortunately, we can not say that it feels pink in the entrance!

15. Removes musty smells from drawers
Drawers of furniture bought in second-hand shops are stale. To neutralize these unpleasant odors, I sprinkle some bicarbonate in the drawers.

16. A homemade toothpaste
I discovered the use of baking soda to wash and whiten teeth in high school. But I do not use it every day. Only when I see that my teeth have coffee stains is the bicarbonate that comes to my rescue!

I moisten my toothbrush and sprinkle it with baking soda. Then, I brush my teeth, as I would normally do. The taste is not very appreciable, but the result is effective. Even my teenagers are addicted to this natural remedy.

Some of my friends use a mixture of water and bicarbonate to brush their teeth, but it may be too abrasive for daily cleaning. It is best to talk to your dentist beforehand. Click here to discover the trick.

17. Heals sore throats
Sore throat? Add bicarbonate to 230 ml of water and 1/2 lemon squeezed. Make a gargle with this mix and spit it out. Click here to discover the trick.

18. An effective mouthwash
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate in 1 glass of water: Use this mixture as you would use a commercially available mouthwash. This remedy is very effective because it eliminates the bacteria generating bad breath. Click here to discover the trick.

19. Natural deodorant
I know, it sounds a bit extreme. I have not tested this tip myself, but many of my friends love this alternative to deodorants found in the trade. They use either dough or puff to apply baking soda. Some also add essential oils or lemon, to perfume the deodorant. Click here to discover the trick.



20. Cleans hairbrushes and combs
Over time, a brush quickly becomes fat, full of hair and dandruff. A simple bath in water and baking soda makes them like new. Click here to discover the trick.

21. Care for the face and body
One of my favorite uses of baking is the scrub for the face. Thanks to the difference in pH, bicarbonate will regenerate your skin. After this treatment, my skin is beautiful and soft as silk. And if I also add a little coconut oil, my face is simply in the 7th heaven! You can also clean your face with a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice. It cleans deeply and eliminates blackheads. Click here to discover the trick.

22. Salt bath
Sprinkle a mixture of baking soda and Epsom salt in your bath. The salt will extract the toxins and the bicarbonate will prevent your skin from reabsorbing it. Your skin, soft as a baby, will thank you. Click here to discover the trick.

23. Eliminates bad odors from the hands
Do you have bad smells on your hands? A trickle of water and a pinch of baking soda will eliminate them in 1 min. Click here to discover the trick.

24. A homemade dry shampoo
Many beauty salons offer luxury dry shampoos that allow you to wait several days between each shampoo.

Why not try baking soda? Pour a small amount into the palm of your hand and massage your scalp and the root of your hair.

It will dry up the fat of your scalp and purify your hair. In addition, it will increase the effect of your next shower shampoo. Click here to discover the trick.

25. For your first aid kit
I added a small bag of baking soda to my car's first aid kit. That way, I have what it takes if someone gets stung by a bee or walks on red ants. If necessary, simply prepare a paste quickly with bicarbonate and water. Once applied on the sting, this paste will quickly soothe the pain. And it works for mosquitoes too. Click here to discover the trick.

Post a Comment

0 Comments